< Back to Recipes
Be sure to always serve with a pile of hot tortillas on the breakfast table, wrapped in a thick cloth or ‘tortillerio’ to keep them warm. This dish has all the colours of the Mexican flag hence the name ‘a la a Mexicana’!
- 4 La Tortilleria corn tortillas
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Cooking oil
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Break the eggs into a bowl and mix lightly with salt.
- Heat the cooking oil or lard in a frying pan and cook the onions and chile until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Stir in the eggs and scramble until set.
- Season to taste, and serve with hot corn tortillas.