Ceviche De Hongos
This is a great alternative to the classic seafood ceviche dish that has all the same fresh flavours.
- 200g La Tortilleria totopos (tortilla chips)
- 375g of mushrooms (porcini/shitake/oyster/white button/portobellos all work well), finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup of fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño chile, finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Place the sliced mushrooms in a bowl then add the lime juice and olive oil. Toss until combined. Cover and rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In the meantime, combine the mushrooms with the onion, coriander, cucumber and tomatoes. Add salt to taste.
- Place the mix into individual serving glasses and garnish with sliced avocado and chopped fresh chile (if desired).
- Enjoy the ceviche with the totopos and a nice tequila cocktail.
We are makers of award-winning traditional corn tortillas and tortilla chips, sold Australia-wideWhere to Buy
Want more Mexican? Get recipes, tips and news straight to your inbox!