< Back to Recipes
On the coast of Mexico is Veracruz, known as the epicentre of ceviche. A great summer food, this dish is found on the beaches of Mexico all year round, made using only the freshest ‘mariscos’, straight from the ocean. Use whatever fresh high-grade seafood you have available locally.
- 200g La Tortilleria totopos (tortilla chips)
- 200g fresh fish (e.g. barramundi)
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ white salad onion, finely diced
- ½ jalapeño
- ¼ bunch coriander, chopped (about 45g)
- 30ml olive oil
- ½ avocado, to serve
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the fresh fish into small cubes and place in lime juice to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In the meantime, finely dice tomato, cucumber, onion and jalapeño then combine with the coriander and olive oil.
- Once prepared, add the fish to the tomato mix and combine and season to taste.
- Place the mix in a serving bowl and garnish with sliced avocado.
- Serve your ceviche with totopos.