Vegetarian enchiladas with cottage cheese
Cottage cheese is popular in vegetarian dishes and is a great healthy and light alternative to traditional fillings.
- 8 La Tortilleria corn tortillas
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt, to taste
- 300g Cottage cheese
- Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream, to serve
- ½ avocado, to serve
- Place tomatoes, onion and garlic in a pot and cover with water. Boil for approximately 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the water from the pot and place the contents in a blender, adding stock powder to the mix. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Place the tortillas one-by-one in the oil for about 30 seconds, flip and repeat. The tortillas should be heated but not crispy. Add extra oil as needed. Drain the tortillas on a paper towel.
- Dip a fried tortilla into the red salsa, then place on a serving plates ready to be filled. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon cottage cheese onto each tortilla and fold in half.
- Pour the red sauce over the top. Top with sour cream and sliced avocado.
We are makers of award-winning traditional corn tortillas and tortilla chips, sold Australia-wideWhere to Buy
Want more Mexican? Get recipes, tips and news straight to your inbox!