< Back to Recipes
Watermelon has a surprisingly delicious flavour and texture when grilled, quite different to cold watermelon. This salsa is a unique Mexican classic that’s bound to impress. Serve warm or cold.
- ¼ watermelon, sliced
- ½ cucumber
- ½ red onion
- Handful of coriander
- 1 jalapeño chile
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a frying pan or BBQ plate over high (no oil).
- Place the watermelon slices on the pan and grill for about 10 minutes each side, or until slightly charred.
- Dice the cucumber and red onion. Chop the coriander and jalapeño.
- Remove the watermelon from the heat and dice into 1cm cubes.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Season to taste.
- Serve with La Tortilleria Totopos (tortilla chips).