- 8g hibiscus flower
- 400g piloncillo (can be replaced by brown sugar)
- 500g tejocotes (substitute with more apple/ guava in Australia)
- 500g sugar cane (peeled and split into four pieces)
- 150g tamarind
- 250g apples, sliced
- 200g pear, chopped
- 500g guavas
- 200g grapes
- 70g prune
- Heat two litres of water in a pot and add the hibiscus flower. When it starts to boil, remove from the heat and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Strain the hibiscus infusion into a large pot, and add three more litres of water, the piloncillo (or brown sugar) and the cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the fruits, starting with the largest ones, and reduce the heat to low and simmer for one hour until the fruits are soft.
- Serve warm, pouring a little fruit in each cup.
- ¡Buen Provecho!
We are makers of award-winning traditional corn tortillas and tortilla chips, sold Australia-wideWhere to Buy
Want more Mexican? Get recipes, tips and news straight to your inbox!