Reheating Corn Tortillas
CELEBRATE AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD
Corn tortillas are the heart & soul of real Mexican food. The process we use to make our tortillas is the same as it was in ancient times in Mexico, using a process called Nixtamalization. This process unlocks the nutritional power of corn & allows for just 2 ingredients to be used when creating them; Australian-grown corn & just a pinch of salt, that’s it! We do this all from scratch at our tortilleria in Melbourne & we absolutely love it. We care deeply about real food & preserving traditions, & the result is a corn tortilla that is full of taste, high in nutrition & without any unnecessary ingredients being added. All you need to do is warm them up before serving & it’s an easy process that will get your taste buds dancing!
REHEATING OUR TORTILLAS IS QUICK & EASY
- Start with a hot dry frying pan or grill (no oil needed).
- Heat each tortilla for 10 to 20 seconds on each side, flipping once – you will know they are ready once they are soft, floppy & smelling like fresh corn.
- Wrap your warm, soft tortillas in a towel or foil to keep them warm until serving.
- Steam is key! The steam keeps the tortillas warm & soft, so make sure to keep it inside your towel or foil before serving & without it escaping.
- Want to become a Mex-pert & reheat 2 tortillas at a time? Watch this video with our Co-Founder Gerardo to see how.
BECOME A MEX-PERT
Authentic Mexican cooking is our passion & we want to share our favourite tips, tricks & recipes. Have a question you’d like to ask? Email us at [email protected], we’ll get back to you.