Reheating Tortillas For Foodservice
OUR CORN TORTILLAS ARE PERFECT FOR YOUR KITCHEN
We have crafted our traditional corn tortillas just like they do Mexico using an ancient process called Nixtamal. The result is a delicious tortilla that celebrates the nutrition & flavour of corn. You’ve heard us say that not all tortillas are created equally… The benefits are easy to see when cooking with real corn tortillas. You will find our corn tortillas easy to cook with, strong enough so they won’t tear, yet soft & aromatic to elevate your tacos & tortilla dishes. There is also less need to worry about an ever growing list of dietary requirements when cooking with tortillas that have just 2 ingredients; corn & a pinch of sea salt. They’re gluten free, preservative free, certified palm oil free, kosher, fodmap friendly & vegan. Now that’s an award winning tortilla! (seriously, we’ve won lots of awards!)
REHEATING OUR TORTILLAS IS QUICK & EASY
- Start with a hot dry frying pan or grill (no oil needed).
- Heat each tortilla for 10 to 20 seconds on each side, flipping once – you will know they are ready once they are soft, floppy & smelling like fresh corn.
- Wrap your warm, soft tortillas in a towel or foil to keep them warm until serving.
- Steam is key! The steam keeps the tortillas warm & soft, so make sure you keep it inside your towel or foil prior to serving & without it escaping.
- Always serve your tortillas soft & warm to your customers.